Poll for setting of my November novel

Novels, short stories, poetry, shopping lists... well, maybe not that last one.

Which world should I choose as the setting of my novel? (Descriptions of worlds below)

Poll runs till Mon Oct 28, 2024 7:50 pm
You may select up to 3 options

11%
5%
16%
3%
16%
16%
14%
19%

Total votes: 37

Clé

Poll for setting of my November novel

Post by Clé »

So I want to write (the first draft of) a novel in November set on one of the worlds in the Wongery, and I'm holding this poll to help me decide which world to set it on. Brief descriptions of the worlds follow (you can also click on the name of the world to read more about it (though the articles about some of the worlds are currently much more detailed than others), but I don't really expect everyone to do that).
  • B'gor — A fantasy world both highly magical and highly industrialized, where multinational corporations wield more power than many nations, powering many of their works with a great sea of oil in the center of the world.
  • Cocoro — A science-fiction world in a universe where people casually duplicate themselves; the world of Cocoro is notorious for the strange forms its inhabitants take on and its anarchic government dominated by local bosses.
  • Curcalen — A fantasy world where people perform everyday tasks by summoning creatures from other planes, and secretive organizations of wizards vie with each other and exercise great power from behind the scenes.
  • Dadauar — A fantasy world where many nations are ruled by mages who attain great power by siphoning energy from the dreams of the populace, and fill their lands with magical wonders built from stolen dreams.
  • The Dreamsea — A fantasy world that comprises the boundary between the atmospheric envelope of the worlds in its universe and the misty "dreamspace" beyond, where strange ships sail upside-down relative to the worlds "above".
  • Jhembaz — A fantasy world covered in great trees, with nations are built in the treetops and seas supported by branches, and where modern nations contend with the remains of an old empire of undead and another that tamed gods.
  • Kadis — A science-fiction world in the same universe as Cocoro known for both its exotic resorts and the extensive criminal activity there—and the vigilantes who have arisen to combat those criminals.
  • Varra — A fantasy world devastated long ago and now containing large areas of blasted wasteland ruled by undead "bonelords"—but also peppered with "world crystals" that contain entire other worlds within.